Africa Sales Manager
Where: Nairobi, Kenya
Do you enjoy the buzz of closing a sale? Do you enjoy interacting with, leading and guiding people from different cultural backgrounds? Would you like to join a multicultural and passionate team in an entrepreneurial environment where boundaries in the global travel industry are challenged and new ideas and out-of-the-box thinking are welcomed and encouraged?
Who are we?
Enchanting Travels is a passionate, vibrant and innovative company that specializes in creating exceptional tailor-made journeys for discerning travelers to exotic destinations in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Founded in 2004, we have made the travel dreams of thousands of guests from around the world come true. We rely on outstanding team members who are passionate about what they do – we are a multicultural team with 130 team members from 17 nationalities working from our offices in the USA, Germany, India, Argentina and Kenya.
If you want to find out more about what our guests say about us, follow this Link. Furthermore, this Stanford Business School Case Study will give you an insider perspective into our company.
What’s the position?
The Sales Manager Africa will report to our Senior Sales Manager Africa and be based in our office in Nairobi. In this role, you will get to know our guests’ travel dreams and understand what makes them tick, and create tailor-made proposals based on their personal interests and your first-hand knowledge of Africa. Your goal is to generate sales and ensure all guests return home having had an enchanting travel experience which exceeded their expectations.
At the same time, the Sales Manager will be supporting the Senior Sales Manager Africa in managing our sales team in Africa which entails:
- Generating high sales and ensuring a high conversion rate on leads
- Infusing the team of individuals ranging from new joinees to experienced travel consultants with energy, drive and motivation to achieve high performance
- Supporting team members to close sales
- Driving continuous training and development on sales techniques and product knowledge
- Setting activity and revenue targets for team members and tracking, evaluating performance on daily, weekly and monthly basis and holding team members accountable for achieving defined objectives
- Generating a significant number of repeat leads
- Conducting sales blitzes, buzz sessions and monthly team meetings
- Identifying and driving solutions to address challenges for the team
- Being a German speaker is of advantage in this role as the sales team comprises of both English and German speakers from various backgrounds
In summary, this is a fantastic opportunity if you love sales and managing people, enjoy planning trips and making travel dreams come true!
Why would you want this job?
Who doesn’t love talking about travel? And for you this is an opportunity to do it as a career! This is a really unique sales opportunity for many reasons – here are a couple!
- The people you work with. We are a very dynamic international and multi-cultural team where you will be challenged and have countless opportunities to broaden your horizons.
- Support for your growth. Our pool of managers, trainers and coaches will guide and support you while pursuing a personalized approach to help you succeed and grow. Furthermore, we invest considerable time and resources in the growth and development of our team.
- Flexible working hours. After the initial training, you will have considerable flexibility in your working hours.
- Having an impact. You create memories of a lifetime for our guests through the joy and wonder of personalized travel which often have a deep impact on their lives. Furthermore, we listen to our team members’ ideas and suggestions, irrespective of their seniority which gives you an opportunity to shape your own and our company’s path.
- Immersing yourself in Africa. You will be based in Africa and have an opportunity to delve into this colorful and vibrant continent, feel its rhythm and explore breathtaking safaris, culture, nature and beaches at your doorstep.
- Attractive compensation. We offer a solid base salary with an uncapped variable incentive and a benefits package.
What do we expect from you?
- You have a university degree and a minimum of 5 years of work experience, with at least 3 years in sales and 2 years in a sales management position
- You are passionate about travel and have first-hand knowledge of travel destinations in Africa
- You enjoy communicating with people with diverse backgrounds and personalities and have outstanding communication skills. This entails assertiveness, excellent listening and persuasion skills and the ability to bring travel experience to life and build trust.
- You are ambitious and persistent – reaching the minimum goal is never enough for you and you strive to exceed expectations
- You thrive on guest satisfaction
- You have outstanding mental agility which enables you to connect the dots – the insights you gain about our guests’ travel dreams and the experiences possible in multiple travel destinations
- You are able to lead and motivate a high performance sales team to deliver strong results
- You have strong analytical skills and are able to measure and analyze key performance indicators
- You have an international background and have lived and worked in Europe or North America
If you are interested and meet the criteria specified above, please send your application to email@example.com. Your application should include your CV and a Letter of Motivation explaining why you are interested in this opportunity and why you believe you would be successful in this role.
We look forward to receiving your application and to getting to know you!