Are you wondering about the best time to visit Maldives? The paradise islandsare ideal for a visit at any time of the year! This paradise island is blessed with amazing tropical weather the year round, and usually experiences moderate weather owing to its location on the Equator.
The Maldives has two monsoons – the northeast monsoon which is dry, and the southwest monsoon which is wet season. Due to its equatorial location, the Maldives does not experience major cyclones. The drier months of the year are between November and April, with March and April being the hottest months. The monsoon season, runs from May to early November. June, July and August often see maximum rainfall, although most of the rain is experienced in the Southern atolls. The temperatures range between 24°C to 33°C throughout the year.
The ideal period to visit the islands is during high season from December to April, when the dry monsoons have little rain and there is lower humidity.
Best time to visit Maldives:
- High season: October – April
- Low season: September, May
- Rainy season: June – August
Include some diving and underwater activities in your tailor-made Maldives vacations, and you won’t be disappointed!Diving is good year-round, while surfing season runs from March to October.
What to Pack
Peak Season (Oct – Nov; Feb – May)
- Temperature: 23 – 31 degree C or 73 to 88 degree F
- The weather will be warm with lots of sun and some humidity (in the Maldives always expect the occasional shower, even during high season).
- Pack beach wear including sunglasses, sun block lotion, light clothes that breathe easily and flipflops.
- It’s advisable to pack a scarf or light jacket for trips into Male from your Maldives resort on the beach, since the town does require you to be respectably dressed.
Winter (Dec – Jan)
- Temperature – 23 – 31 degree C or 73.4 – 87.8 degree F
- This is technically winter although there are guests from around the world who visit during this time.
- Expect dry weather, calm seas and higher humidity at the resorts during your Maldives holiday. Be sure to carry light clothes, beach wear and a rain jacket.
Monsoon (Jun – Aug)
- Temperature – 27 – 33 degree C or 80.6 – 91.4 degree F
- Skies are usually more clouded, seas rougher and humidity higher in this season. Apart from beachwear for your Maldives vacations, be sure to pack a rain jacket or umbrella and flip flops that will dry out easily and work with both the beach and in rain.
Where do you want to go? What do you want to do? Be it popular sights or off the beaten path experiences, tell us your travel dream through our trip planner.
Our destination experts will get in touch with you to craft a completely tailor-made, obligation-free itinerary to match your interests and budget.
Once you have booked your trip, sit back and relax – we’ll take care of everything else. With our exceptional local team & 24/7 support, priceless memories await you!