Is India safe? India is by and large a very safe country that will leave you mesmerized and mystified. However stimulated, inspired, awe-struck or overwhelmed you might feel while here, it is always important to remain alert. To make your trip even more memorable and hassle free, here are a few basic guidelines for staying safe in India.
- Never discuss your travel plans with strangers. Also, do not disclose how much money you are carrying.
- Avoid traveling alone at night. Never hand over your luggage to any unknown person except our representatives or the hotel staff.
- All valuable items like money, passports, jewelry, etc. should be kept safely in the hotel locker or in a locked suitcase. Also, please avoid carrying or displaying large sums of money in public.
- With ATMs available in most cities, and many shops accepting credit cards you won’t need to “stock up” and carry cash in large quantities.
- It is best to buy a money pouch that can be strapped onto your body and worn underneath your clothing. Also avoid keeping your wallet in the back pocket.
- Make copies of important documents like passports, visa, and identity proof and keep them in a safe location. If you are traveling with us, then your Trip Coordinator will be happy to keep a copy of your documents for safekeeping and be available for you around the clock. We will also brief you upon your arrival about your itinerary and discuss any potential security-related issues with you.
- Always watch what you eat, especially if you wish to sample something from a street food stall like the locals do. Make sure you eat food that is freshly prepared and served hot and that all the vegetables and fruits are washed before you eat them. It is best to avoid rare or under cooked meat and fish.
- Tap water in India is generally not safe for consumption. Always buy bottled water while on the road. Your guide and chauffeur can also direct you to a source of clean drinking water.
- Carry a good quality inset repellent or DEET. Bugs such as mosquitoes, fleas and ticks can be found in tropical and subtropical countries such as India due to the warm climate.
Is India safe?
Millions of travelers visit India every year and domestic tourism is common especially during winter and in summer when school are shut. While incidents do happen, violent crimes against visitors is a rare and unusual phenomenon. Indians pride themselves on their hospitality, taking cue from the adage ‘atithi devo bhava’ which means that the guest is equivalent to God.
Safety in India on your Enchanting Travels tour
At Enchanting Travels, your safety and security are our primary concern. Whether you are traveling in a group or are a single traveler, we want to ensure that your India vacation is as safe and seamless as possible. Our Travel Consultants are happy to advise you on the best routes and recommend accommodation that have been personally reviewed by our team for both quality and safety. We work exclusively with licensed guides and qualified chauffeurs who take your safety very seriously. All our vehicles are of excellent quality and tested regularly to main international standards of safety. While you travel, your dedicated personal Trip Coordinator is available around the clock to assist you with anything you may need. With us, you are in safe hands.
Where do you want to go? What do you want to do? Be it popular sights or off the beaten path experiences, tell us your travel dream through our trip planner.
Our destination experts will get in touch with you to craft a completely tailor-made, obligation-free itinerary to match your interests and budget.
Once you have booked your trip, sit back and relax – we’ll take care of everything else. With our exceptional local team & 24/7 support, priceless memories await you!