Where: Munich (Germany) or Denver (USA)
Would you like to shape the Destination Expansion and Product Decisions of a strongly growing international travel company with a passionate team and an entrepreneurial environment where industry boundaries are challenged and new ideas and out-of-the-box thinking are welcomed and encouraged? Do you enjoy interacting with people from different cultural backgrounds? Do you feel passionate about searching for and creating truly life changing travel experiences?
Who are we?
Enchanting Travels is a passionate, vibrant and innovative company that specializes in creating exceptional tailor-made journeys for discerning travelers to currently 45 destinations in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Founded in 2004, we have made the travel dreams of thousands of guests from around the world come true.
We rely on outstanding team members who are passionate about what they do and committed to providing excellent service. We are a multicultural team with 130 individuals from 17 nationalities working from our offices in the US, Germany, India, Argentina and Kenya. We plan to accelerate our destination expansion in the coming years.
If you want to find out more about what our guests say about us, follow this Link. Furthermore, this Stanford Business School Case Study will give you an insider perspective into our company.
What’s the position?
We are currently searching for a Product Manager to join our team in Munich or Denver. The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Drive our destination expansion to selected countries in Central America, Central Asia and Oceania:
- design our product and itineraries
- select local partners and build strong partner relationships
- negotiate rate contract, provide partner trainings & share feedback
- plan & conduct test trips
- coordinate product content creation and ensure excellent content quality
- set up and maintain product in our cutting edge technology platform Artemis
- Take ownership for the ongoing growth of selected countries
- interact with our guests and sell some trips to understand their travel interests as well as sales-related challenges and opportunities
- listen to our Sales Team and ensure they are able to offer highly attractive travel experiences to our guests and receive strong partner support
- Provide ongoing support to our Sales, Trip Execution and Marketing team, incl. product trainings & updates
Why would you want this job?
Who doesn’t love travelling? And for you this is an opportunity to do it as a career! This is a really unique opportunity for many reasons – here are a couple!
- Having an impact. You create memories of a lifetime for our guests through the joy and wonder of personalized travel which often have a deep impact on their lives. Beyond our guests, you have an impact on many people and organizations, through shaping our Responsible Travel initiatives, through helping our partners agrow as well as through consistently demonstrating ethical business practices.
- Support for your growth. Our team of managers and coaches will guide and support you to help you succeed and grow. We invest considerable time and resources in the growth and development of our team. We listen to our team members’ ideas and suggestions, irrespective of their seniority which gives you an opportunity to shape your own and our company’s path.
- The people you work with. We are a very dynamic international and multi-cultural team where you will be challenged and have countless opportunities to broaden your horizons.
- Attractive compensation. We offer a solid base salary with an uncapped variable incentive and a benefits package.
In summary, this is a fantastic opportunity if you are riven by having a positive impact and love partner interactions, driving destination growth and making travel dreams come true!
What do we expect from you?
- You have 3+ years of Sales and Product Management experience in the tourism sector, ideally for an international tour operator
- You have a deep understanding of discerning travellers from North America and Europe and in-depth knowledge of tourism destinations in Central America, Central Asia and/or Oceania.
- You feel passionate about creating amazing travel experiences
- You have strong analytical skills and business sense are able to multi-task effectively
- You have strong people and relationship building skills, enjoy communicating with people and have outstanding verbal and written communication skills. This entails empathy, assertiveness, listening, negotiation, presentation and ideally content writing skills
If you are excited about this role and meet the criteria specified above, we look forward to receiving your application including your CV and a motivation letter explaining your interest in this role and why you believe you would be a good fit. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application and to getting to know you!