Where: Nairobi, Kenya OR Cape Town, South Africa
Do you feel passionate about product development and building partner relationships to drive destination growth, sales and guest satisfaction? Do you enjoy interacting with people from different cultural backgrounds? Would you like to join a multicultural and passionate team in an entrepreneurial environment where boundaries in the global travel industry are challenged and new ideas and out-of- the-box thinking are welcomed and encouraged?
Who are we?
Enchanting Travels is a passionate, vibrant and innovative company that specializes in creating exceptional tailor-made journeys for discerning travelers to 40 exotic destinations in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Founded in 2004, we have made the travel dreams of thousands of guests from around the world come true. We rely on outstanding team members who are passionate about what they do – we are a multicultural team with 130 team members from 17 nationalities working from our offices in the USA, Germany, India, Argentina and Kenya.
If you want to find out more about what our guests say about us, follow this Link. Furthermore, this Stanford Business School Case Study will give you an insider perspective into our company.
What’s the position?
We are currently searching for a Product Manager to join our team in Nairobi, reporting to our Head of Product Management Africa. The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Drive Destination Growth with high degree of independence, through analysing destination performance, identifying underlying drivers and barriers and driving action steps accordingly
- Key partner liaison for Southern or Eastern Africa, proactively negotiate rates & specials to boost our competitiveness and ensure that the destinations run smoothly through providing feedback to and training our partners
- Support our Sales Team to generate bookings through effective ongoing support, including Product Updates & Training as well as coordinating Test & Training Trips
- Manage product content – coordinate content creation and ensure content quality for proposals & website
- Independently drive selected projects and tasks across Africa
Why would you want this job?
Who doesn’t love travelling? And for you this is an opportunity to do it as a career! This is a really unique opportunity for many reasons – here are a couple!
- Having an impact. You create memories of a lifetime for our guests through the joy and wonder of personalized travel which often have a deep impact on their lives. Beyond our guests, you have an impact on many people and organizations, through shaping our Sustainability initiatives and through promoting professionalism, sharing feedback with our partners and helping them grow as well as through consistently demonstrating ethical business practices.
- Support for your growth. Our pool of managers, trainers and coaches will guide and support you while pursuing a personalized approach to help you succeed and grow. Furthermore, we invest considerable time and resources in the growth and development of our team. We listen to our team members’ ideas and suggestions, irrespective of their seniority which gives you an opportunity to shape your own and our company’s path.
- The people you work with. We are a very dynamic international and multi-cultural team where you will be challenged and have countless opportunities to broaden your horizons.
- Attractive compensation. We offer a solid base salary with an uncapped variable incentive and a benefits package.
In summary, this is a fantastic opportunity if you are riven by having a positive impact and love partner interactions, driving destination growth and making travel dreams come true!
What do we expect from you?
- You are pro-active, result-oriented and work independently
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit as well as strong analytical skills
- You apply the 80/20 rule and can multi-task effectively
- You have outstanding mental agility which enables you to connect the dots and think ahead, identify challenges and drive solutions
- You are ambitious and persistent – reaching the minimum goal is never enough for you. You take ownership and go the extra mile
- You enjoy communicating with people with diverse backgrounds and have outstanding verbal and written communication skills. This entails empathy, assertiveness, listening, negotiation & presentation skills.
- You are passionate about travel and have first-hand knowledge of travel destinations in Africa
- You have a university degree and 3+ years of product management experience and have excelled in this role
If you are interested and meet the criteria specified above, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include your CV and a Letter of Motivation explaining why you are interested in this opportunity and why you believe you would be successful in this role.
We look forward to receiving your application and to getting to know you!