Where: Denver, USA
Would you like to lead and manage a sales team of a fast-growing international travel business that aspires to be the world’s best customer-focused tailor-made experiential travel company by 2022? Do you enjoy interacting with people from different cultural backgrounds? Would you like to join a multicultural and passionate team in an entrepreneurial environment where industry boundaries are challenged and new ideas and out-of-the-box thinking are welcomed and encouraged? Yes? Then read on….
Who are we?
Enchanting Travels is a passionate, vibrant and innovative company specializing in creating exceptional tailor-made journeys for discerning travelers to more than 50 countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America, Europe, and Oceania. Founded in 2004, we have made the travel dreams of thousands of guests from around the world come true. Enchanting Travels is owned by Travelopia, the world’s leading collection of experiential travel brands.
We rely on outstanding team members who are passionate about what they do and committed to providing excellent service. We are a multicultural team with 160 individuals from 17 nationalities working from our offices in the USA, Germany, Australia, India, Argentina, and Kenya.
If you want to find out more about what our guests say about us, follow this link. Furthermore, this Stanford Business School Case Study will give you an insider perspective into our company.
What’s the position?
We are looking to hire a Sales Manager in Denver as a member of our North America sales management team to help deliver on the company’s ambitious growth plans. We are on an exciting journey and are pursuing an ongoing sales transformation to build a leading sales force that enables us to achieve our long term company vision to be the best in our business.
The Sales Manager will report directly to the North America Head of Sales and would be responsible to drive sales and sales growth for a team of 8-10 travel sales specialists. The responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Actively manage and support a sales team of 8-10 team members to achieve their sales goals
- Develop and coach existing team members on sales and analytical skills to enhance their performance
- Conduct effective team meetings and sales blitzes to ensure high motivation and knowledge sharing between team members
- Facilitate sharing of best practices within and across other sales teams
- Set goals and priorities for each team member the team in line with the company goals, track activities and team performance on daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis
- Conduct quarterly and annual reviews for team members
- Work closely with the other sales managers to contribute to the improvement of sales processes and skills within the global sales team
Requirements (Competencies, knowledge, and qualifications that will be looked for while assessing applications):
- Track record of successfully managing a sales team with excellent sales results
- Effective communication with strong influencing skills and the ability to establish trust and respect at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills
- A university degree with at least 3 years of experience in a sales management position
- Work experience in the tourism or travel industry is desirable but not a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – prepared to “be up on your feet” on a regular basis
Core Criteria (Personality traits that will be important in this role, leadership style, and expected role in the organization):
- Ability to motivate people to achieve great results
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment with ambiguity and agility
- Curious and resilient agent of change – great at working with other people able to build strong relationships with people of varying degrees of sales expertise and experience
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work autonomously with a strong work ethic
- A galvanizing, grown-up trailblazer, not afraid to get involved in the task at hand
- Embraces new ideas/ experimentation; naturally curious, you are energized by ambiguity and not afraid to fail
- Takes personal accountability to make things happen and to ensure results
- Highly flexible and resilient, can bounce back from setbacks and has a “positive” attitude to life
Why would you want this job?
Who doesn’t love traveling? With this role, you can turn your passion into your career! This is a really unique opportunity for many reasons – here are a few!
- The people you work with. We are a very dynamic international and multicultural team of 17 nationalities where you will be challenged and have countless opportunities to broaden your horizons.
- Global opportunities: As part of the Travelopia group, a KKR-owned company, you will enjoy opportunities to learn, grow and interact with sales managers from some of the world’s most inspirational travel companies.
- Having an impact. You have an impact on our sales team and journey to be the leading company in our market. Beyond this, you will have an impact by enriching peoples’ lives through the joy of personalized travel, in a passionate, ethical, and genuinely caring way.
- Support for your growth. Our leadership team will guide and support you to help you succeed and grow. We invest considerable time and resources in the growth and development of our team. We listen to our team members’ ideas and suggestions, irrespective of their seniority which gives you an opportunity to shape your own and our company’s path.
- Attractive compensation. In addition, we offer a solid base salary with an uncapped variable incentive, health and retirement benefits (401k plan).
If you are excited about this role and meet the criteria specified above, we look forward to receiving your application including your resumé and a motivation letter explaining your interest in this role and why you believe you would be a good fit. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you!