Discover our list of the top ten things to do in Kenya, curated by our destination experts.
1. The ultimate experience of every safari in Kenya! Witness the Great Migration in the Masai Mara National Reserve, where millions of antelopes, zebras and wildebeest cross the savanna landscape from July to October.
2. With a little luck you can see the Big Five in Tsavo East National Park! This park is less developed than its western counterpart. Hippos and crocodiles are also found here. The variety of species and the endless bush landscapes are a highlight during your trip to Africa.
3. The northern coast of Kenya, traversed by dream beaches, is the ultimate destination for outdoor adventures and relaxation. Discover a colorful underwater world when you go snorkeling, or soak up the sun on one of the palm-lined beaches.
4. Bird watching in the Amboseli National Park is particularly varied due to the 400 plus native bird species. The park at the foot of the imposing Mount Kilimanjaro is also one of the best places to see African elephants.
5. Witnessing the flamingos at Lake Nakuru is a very special natural spectacle. Over one million of these graceful birds can be found fishing in the lake for their feast of delicious algae.
6. The old town of Lamu is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The unique architecture reflects Portuguese, Arabic and Indian influences. This almost car-free town has preserved its charm to this day, and is particularly interesting if you are seeking more of a cultural tour of Kenya.
7. If you are yearning the great outdoors then we recommend a hike in the foothills of Mount Kenya, Kenya’s second highest mountain. In addition to the fantastic views of this snow-capped mountain range, you may also see rare rhinos.
8. An insider tip from our experts in Africa: The journey to the remote Lake Turkana is painstaking, but a most worthwhile adventure. Once you have made it, the world’s largest desert lake awaits you, surrounded by a surreal landscape. Be on your guard for sharp teeth! Nowhere else in Africa are there so many Nile crocodiles as in Lake Turkana!
9. In the rough and rocky landscape of Samburu, you can witness giant elephant herds that follow centuries-long hiking trails. On the banks of the Uaso Nyiro River, numerous other animal species find shelter from the dazzling heat of Northern Kenya, including rare Grevy zebras and Beisa antelopes.
10. Fans of the book ‘Out of Africa‘ should plan a visit to the Karen Blixen Museum in Nairobi. This is where the shootings of the movie of the same name were filmed. You will not only learn about the life of the famous Danish author, but also the changing history of Kenya.
Even though for many travelers a safari in Kenya is the highlight of their trip, the country offers much more than wildlife viewing. Experience outdoor adventure, beach relaxation and a lively culture and history.
We can create an ideal itinerary for your Kenya tour, so you will not miss any of these things to do in Kenya! Contact us today for you Kenya travel itinerary.
Our team of experts can help answer any questions you might have. Please fill out the form below and a consultant will respond shortly.
US & Canada: +1 888 263 2574
UK: +0 800 098 8486
AUS: +1 800 044 986