Treatment of our Staff and Partners
We treat all our team members and partners with respect and dignity and ensure a safe and conducive work environment.
This entails the following:
- strong values which guide us in our daily actions: trust & respect, honesty & integrity, passion & care, drive & openness to learning
- paying fair living wages, paid leave and adequate health insurance for our staff
- multicultural and cohesive teams
- flexible working hours & working from home arrangements for pursuing education and other personal needs
- providing diverse learning and growth opportunities and empowering & coaching team members
- sharing open and constructive feedback
- enriching encounters and volunteering experiences
- paying above standard rates for guides and chauffeurs
- making clear and transparent arrangements with our local partners and suppliers, and making every effort to avoid exploiting them or their staff
- acknowledging & promoting excellence through guide and partner awards
We assess our impact through annual staff engagement surveys, and with an open-door philosophy between leadership, management, and our staff.
Our Family Values and Management
Enchanting Travels is proud of its family values. Our founding leadership team were two couples who had the same discussions about how to best manage business and family. We respect that everyone has different needs and wishes. We want our team to feel supported in the decisions that they make when ensuring that both personal and professional lives do not need to be compromised. Having children need not hinder anyone’s career.
We are proud that the majority of our Senior Management team are female. We have talented women who manage our global Technology and Innovations team, lead our global Marketing team, head up our sales in Africa, and head up our South America and Africa office. The fact that we have women in such integral roles is not due to any specific effort to ensure more balance in leadership, merely it is the way that our business has evolved. There are benefits we see to having a gender balanced management. ]We can be more thoughtful about how we run a company that can provide female role models and mentorship, and be more thoughtful in how we can help the travel industry balance the gender divide.