Trip Coordinator (German – Speaking)
Where: Delhi, India
Do you enjoy interacting with people from different cultural backgrounds? Would you help others realize their travel dream and experience the best that a destination has to offer? Would you like to join a multicultural and passionate team in an entrepreneurial environment where boundaries in the global travel industry are challenged and new ideas and out-of-the-box thinking are welcomed and encouraged?
Who are we?
Enchanting Travels is a passionate, vibrant and innovative company that specializes in creating exceptional tailor-made journeys for discerning travelers to currently 45 destinations in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Founded in 2004, we have made the travel dreams of thousands of guests from around the world come true.
We rely on outstanding team members who are passionate about what they do and committed to providing excellent service. We are a multicultural team with 130 individuals from 17 nationalities working from our offices in the US, Germany, India, Argentina and Kenya. We plan to accelerate our destination expansion in the coming years.
If you want to find out more about what our guests say about us, follow this Link. Furthermore, this Stanford Business School Case Study will give you an insider perspective into our company.
What’s the position?
We are currently recruiting a German-speaking Trip Coordinator to join our team in Delhi. The role a trip coordinator is to manage and coordinate trips for our international clients while they are travelling with us in Asia with the aim of bringing alive the magic of Asia through a well organized and seamless trip. Specifically, the responsibilities would include:
- Liaising between our clients and the operations team to execute trips and deliver on the experiences promised by our travel consultants.
- Providing prompt, courteous service to clients by applying critical thinking and problem-solving skills to their problems.
- Understanding client’s requirement and coordinate with different departments (reservations, operations and sales) to prepare necessary arrangements pre and post client’s travel.
- Acting as the single point of contact for the client on his or her trip.
- Crisis management, catering to special requests, planning surprises and special activities, and regular follow-ups with guests.
- Briefing guests about their upcoming experience in Africa.
Why would you want this job?
This is a really unique customer service opportunity for many reasons – here are a couple!
- The people you work with. We are a very dynamic international and multi-cultural team where you will be challenged and have countless opportunities to broaden your horizons.
- Support for your growth. Our pool of managers, trainers and coaches will guide and support you while pursuing a personalized approach to help you succeed and grow. Furthermore, we invest considerable time and resources in the growth and development of our team.
- Flexible working hours. After the initial training, you will have considerable flexibility in your working hours.
- Having an impact. You contribute to memories of a lifetime for our guests through the joy and wonder of personalized travel which often have a deep impact on their lives. Furthermore, we listen to our team members’ ideas and suggestions, irrespective of their seniority which gives you an opportunity to shape your own and our company’s path.
What do we expect from you?
- You love interacting with and helping people and have a passion for delighting guests and making their travel dreams come true. You are willing and keen to go the extra mile to support our guests and comfortable with flexible working hours including evenings and weekends if necessary.
- You are an excellent communicator in the German language, both verbally and in writing. This entails strong listening skills and the ability to convey information in a structured, clear and concise way.
- You are able to work under pressure and handle crisis situations in a calm manner, enabling you to act and communicate clearly and confidently in challenging situations.
- You have a naturally warm and pleasant personality and excellent people skills – you are empathetic and able to put yourself “into the shoes” of our guests, to relate and connect with people with diverse personalities and backgrounds and to build trust.
- You are a quick learner and comfortable with embracing technology and change in general and have outstanding mental agility and solution orientation. This entails being proactive and able to “think on your feet” as well as “out of the box” to quickly find solutions in challenging situations.
- You are strongly self-driven and have an intrinsic motivation to be the best you can. You are highly self-organized, with a high level of attention to detail and an intrinsic desire to keep things organized.
- You have 2+ years of customer service experience, preferably in tourism.
If you are interested and meet the criteria specified above, please send your application to email@example.com. Your application should include your CV and a Cover Letter in German explaining why you are interested in this opportunity and why you believe you would be successful in this role.
We look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you!