Cuisine in Cambodia
What can you expect from the cuisine in Cambodia? Our experts have some tips to share with you.
The cuisine of Cambodia has a wonderfully fresh approach and it has been influenced by the French during colonization, from Chinese immigrants, as well as its neighboring countries, Thailand and Vietnam. On one of our Cambodia trips, you can also expect Japanese and European cuisine in coastal towns, such as Sihanoukville, located in the southwest of the country. Naturally, the coast is renowned for its seafood.
Top Cambodia Travel Tips – Cuisine:
- A typical Cambodian meal usually consists of soup, salad, a main fish dish, vegetables and rice. Meals are often completed with fresh fruits and delicious sticky rice.
- Many restaurants in Cambodia provide rice for free.
- Avoid tap water during your Cambodia tour. Bottled mineral water is best and your local guide or chauffeur is happy to help you with this.
- Siem Reap’s street food culture can rival that of Ho Chi Minh City in neighboring Vietnam! Don’t miss the street food tour at night with our gastronomic expert.
Where do you want to go? What do you want to do? Be it popular sights or off the beaten path experiences, tell us your travel dream through our trip planner.
Our destination experts will get in touch with you to craft a completely tailor-made, obligation-free itinerary to match your interests and budget.
Once you have booked your trip, sit back and relax – we’ll take care of everything else. With our exceptional local team & 24/7 support, priceless memories await you!
Cuisine in Cambodia – What to eat
- Fish amok: steamed coconut fish in banana leaves
- Amok chouk: snails with curry steamed in their shell
- Samlor machu trey: sweet and sour soup with fish
- Char kroeung sach ko: stir-fried lemongrass beef
- Nom banh chok: Khmer noodles
- Bai sach chrouk: grilled pork and broken rice
- Lok lak: stir-fried beef in brown sauce
Your Guide to the Top 10 Food Destinations in the World
Embark on a culinary sojourn that will most certainly tantalize your tastebuds! Our curated list of destinations will provide a truly mouthwatering vacation.
Southeast Asian Street Food Diaries: The Best ‘Pho’ on the Go
Brace for a delectable journey as we take you on the trail of some of the best Southeast Asia street food you can possibly have.
Undiscovered Cambodia and Vietnam Destinations
Go off the beaten track on your vacation in Southeast Asia and discover unique hidden gems, tucked away amid misty mountains, rolling valleys, rice terraces and emerald bays.
7 Days: $ 1,390 / person
Temples and Beaches of Cambodia
11 Days: $ 2,590 / person
Highlights of Cambodia in Luxury
11 Days: $ 3,190 / person
One of the very best travel experiences I have ever had. We even got updates once at 3 am! He also made one change in one day’s itinerary to accommodate our wishes which was very wonderful. For business, I have traveled to Europe, Russia, all over Asia and South Africa but was blown away by all the beautiful sites in Argentina and Chile.
All the little touches made by our Enchanting Travel consultant, Amelia Edwards, were noticed and recognized by my wife and I. Thank you for making our milestone trip (25th wedding anniversary) such a memorable one! We look forward to engaging Enchanting Travels again for our next South American adventure!!
This was my first adventure as a solo traveler. But while I may have traveled on my own, I was never alone. I was well taken care of by a superb team of planners, trip coordinators, guides and drivers.
Do you have a vacation in mind? Personalize your itinerary with our Trip Builder.