Trip Coordinator-German Speaking
Do you enjoy interacting with people from different cultural backgrounds? Would you like to join a multicultural and passionate team in an entrepreneurial environment where boundaries in the global travel industry are challenged and new ideas and out-of-the-box thinking are welcomed and encouraged?
Who are we?
Enchanting Travels is a passionate, vibrant and innovative company specializing in creating exceptional tailor-made journeys for discerning travelers to more than 50 countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America, Europe and Oceania. Founded in 2004, we have made the travel dreams of thousands of guests from around the world come true. Enchanting Travels is owned by Travelopia, the world’s leading collection of experiential travel brands. We rely on outstanding team members who are passionate about what they do and committed to providing excellent service. We are a multicultural team with 160 individuals from 17 nationalities working from our offices in the USA, Germany, Australia, India, Argentina and Kenya. If you want to find out more about what our guests say about us, follow this Link. Furthermore, this Stanford Business School Case Study will give you an insider perspective into our company.
What’s the position?
We are currently recruiting a German speaking Trip Coordinator to join our Americas team (North, Central, and South America). This is a remote role, your manager will be located in Argentina. In this role, you will provide support and act as a concierge to our guests before and during their trip, ensuring that their trip is one of a lifetime and we achieve excellent guest feedback. This entails being reachable for our guests 24/7 while they are traveling and, thus, at times irregular working hours. The role entails the following key responsibilities:
- Book services correctly with attention to detail and forward thinking as to any issues that may arise during a guest’s trip before they happen.
- Proactively seek to understand specific guest interests and expectations and based on these insights, make recommendations to make their trip special. Answer guests questions and ensure realistic guest expectations through sharing relevant information about their trip with them.
- Confirm and reconfirm travel arrangements and liaise/coordinate with our partners and with other teams to ensure smooth execution of a trip and adherence to company quality standards and branding.
- Brief and debrief guests at the beginning and end of their trip and be in touch with guests in regular intervals during their trip to ensure their trip runs smoothly.
- Respond to guest requests and find solutions to challenging situations during our guests’ trips to ensure that they are feeling well taken care of at all times during their trip.
- Post-trip, proactively identify and drive action steps on guest feedback to enhance our future guests experience.
Why would you want this job?
This is a really unique customer service opportunity for many reasons – here are a couple!
- The people you work with. We are a very dynamic international and multi-cultural team where you will be challenged and have countless opportunities to broaden your horizons.
- Support for your growth. Our pool of managers, trainers and coaches will guide and support you while pursuing a personalized approach to help you succeed and grow. Furthermore, we invest considerable time and resources in the growth and development of our team.
- Flexible working hours. After the initial training, you will have considerable flexibility in your working hours.
- Having an impact. You contribute to memories of a lifetime for our guests through the joy and wonder of personalized travel which often have a deep impact on their lives. Furthermore, we listen to our team members’ ideas and suggestions, irrespective of their seniority which gives you an opportunity to shape your own and our company’s path.
What do we expect from you?
- You love interacting with and helping people and have a passion for delighting guests and making their travel dreams come true. You are willing and keen to go the extra mile to support our guests and comfortable with flexible working hours including evenings and weekends if necessary.
- You have a fluent command of German.
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing. This entails strong listening skills and the ability to convey information in a structured, clear and concise way.
- You are able to work under pressure and handle crisis situations in a calm manner, enabling you to act and communicate clearly and confidently in challenging situations.
- You have a naturally warm and pleasant personality and excellent people skills – you are empathetic and able to put yourself “into the shoes” of our guests, to relate and connect with people with diverse personalities and backgrounds and to build trust.
- You are a quick learner and comfortable with embracing technology and change in general and have outstanding mental agility and solution orientation. This entails being proactive and able to “think on your feet” as well as “out of the box” to quickly find solutions in challenging situations.
- You are strongly self driven and have an intrinsic motivation to be the best you can. You are highly self-organized, with a high level of attention to detail and an intrinsic desire to keep things organized.
- You have 2+ years of customer service experience, preferably in tourism
If you are interested and meet the criteria specified above, please send your application to email@example.com. Your application should include your CV and a Cover Letter explaining why you are interested in this opportunity and why you believe you would be successful in this role.
We look forward to receiving your application and to getting to know you!